Friday, October 23, 2009

What I've Been Up To

I've been pretty busy this month. I shared with you the bricks for Breast Cancer that I just did recently but here are some other things I kept busy with earlier this month:



One of my quilts was featured in the "Celebrate the Feminine: Quilting for the Cure" exhibit put on by the Quilt Artists of Kentucky and the EKU Women and Gender Studies Program. The opening was earlier this month on the 14th. THe exhibit is about a month long and is touring all over Kentucky to enhance breast cancer awareness. I don’t know where it goes after this, but it does not return until April.



The quilt is called “We’re All Good”. The intention of this quilt is to celebrate the differences in women, whether they are white, black, asian, Latina, short, tall, fat, small, light, dark, have straight hair, kinky hair and so on. You know, what ever the attributes, “ It’s all good”.

The quilt is 30” x 30” is made of 100% cotton fabric and cotton batting with various embellishments and machine quilted.

No comments: